The title is self explanatory; however, I’ve never really sat down and looked at what my all time favourite albums are. I think this is due to the fact that what I deem a favourite is quite fluid. My mood often dictates what I enjoy at any given time. But, I think I can definitely narrow it down now. At least for this season of my life.
The criteria I used to narrow down this list, include:
- Enjoying/Appreciating every track on the album – not wanting to skip any.
- Amount of time I’ve listened to the album (Though this is not prescriptive, as some I’ve only listened through a couple of times, but they just have a certain something about them; or they’re a relatively new album that I’ve only started listening to.)
- The artist/band/group
So, without further ado. My Top 20 albums, ever. (The top 10 is in order, the rest not in any particular order.)
- Still Not Getting Any – Simple Plan
- Diamonds – Hawk Nelson
- Good News – Rend Collective
- The Greatest Showman – Original Soundtrack
- Pictures Not Taken – Paul Morrison
- Divide – Ed Sheeran
- This is Not a Test – TobyMac
- The Promise – Plus One
- Greetings From California – The Madden Brothers
- Avenged Sevenfold – Avenged Sevenfold
- Storm Front – Billy Joel
- No Other Name – Hillsong Worship
- Taking One For the Team – Simple Plan
- Hail to the King – Avenged Sevenfold
- Highlights of the Phantom of the Opera – Andrew Lloyd Webber
- The Best of Human Nature – Human Nature
- Let’s Talk About Love – Celine Dion
- Get Your Heart On! – Simple Plan
- Get Your Heart On! The Second Coming – Simple Plan
- Simple Plan, Live in Anaheim – Simple Plan
And, there you go. My Top 20 albums. Oh, and anyone who knows me will not be surprised by the fact that Simple Plan features four times. Haha. They are my all time favourite band.
Pierre stood in the elevator, heading up to his room. Chuck and Patrick were with him. The three men weren’t looking at each other; Chuck was on his phone, checking the schedule for the next day; Patrick was leaning against the wall. But, it didn’t take long for someone to decide something needed to be said about the disaster which was the crew and band dinner.
Continue reading ““Why does it matter?” (Bed Hair – Twelve)”
Sometimes plans don’t go the way we want them to. Sometimes a whole year doesn’t go the way you expect it to. 2017 was that year for us, for my husband and I. We had such hopes, a transplant for him, possibly add to the family… However, 2017 had other ideas for us. Continue reading “Best laid plans…”
- God – Psalm 107:1 Give thanks to the Lord for He is good and His love endures forever.
- My husband – no matter the trials we’ve been through, I am grateful to God for Him.
- My family – I am so blessed to have been adopted. That’s all I need to say.
- My friends – I can count them on two hands…love them all.
- My Church family – the beautiful people at the individual Churches I have been a part of…
- My team at work – I am thankful to God for placing me in a work environment that makes my home life easier to navigate.
- Music – without music in my life…it would be a dull life.
- A roof over my head
- Books – a good book is great medicine
- Nature – There is something calming about being out amongst natural life.
What are some things you are grateful for?
AND SOME THOUGHTS ON EACH BOOK
These are the books that I read this year. I challenged myself at the beginning of the year to read 12 books. Looks like I surpassed that challenge and some.
Continue reading “Books I Read This Year”
We are in the final quarter of 2017. On the home-stretch, nearing the finishing line, and all those other cliched phrases to describe events coming to an end. I haven’t shared my thoughts on here for some time, so thought I would come to you with ten thoughts that are percolating in my mind.
Pierre is really, really good at fooling the public that he’s happy. That everything is fine in his life and he’s content and enjoying the moments with the band. But, tonight…everyone, and I mean everyone, got to see the real face of Pierre Charles Bouvier.
Continue reading ““We should be.” (Bed Hair – Eleven)”
School holidays. Something safe to write about. As a relief teacher holidays are my time to refresh myself. To take a breather. I guess it helps me to recalibrate. These holidays are going to be quite a bit different and will encroach into term time, so, I won’t be available to relieve any classes. I’m still not sure how I feel about it all. It seems so sudden… Simple Plan, here, in Perth. Fools Rush In, supporting them on their national tour. I still can’t get my head around it.
Pierre. I don’t have words.
The others, it’s great to see them…
What am I going to tell Bianca and Mark and the rest of the guys? How do you tell them about a past that is hard for me to even think about?
~~~~~~~~~~ Continue reading ““Three sizes too big.” (Bed Hair – Ten)”
Pierre stood quite still not sure what he was seeing. He knew what he was looking at. Whom he was seeing. But, he didn’t know if he wanted to believe it.
Chuck looked over at him, mouthing, “You okay, Pierre?”
Shaking his head, Pierre took a step back and turned to leave. Continue reading “Bed Hair – Nine”