Imagine you have nine four year old children two of them who won’t listen. One of those two is the instigator, the other is a follower. What would you do?
I’m almost at the stage of tearing my hair out and it’s only Wednesday lunchtime. The threat of not joining in play sessions etc doesn’t seem to work and I honestly do not know what I should be doing. I feel out of my depth, even though I’ve known these children the whole time they’ve been at the centre.
It’s amazing to stop and think that I’ve been at the centre for almost three years. It feels like a lot shorter. But, seeing the children puts a stop to that thought. A lot of them were in the baby room when I started.
Lovely story though: Yesterday afternoon as I was leaving work, the big boss’ son called out bye to me, and his dad said he liked how he greets me. I live for those moments.
Though, after last night’s session on Worship at team night, I feel that I need to alter my attitude a little more. I still have moments where I feel mad toward the children, but then I think that’s not what Jesus would feel. If I have a servant heart in my daily work, and do it all for God’s glory…my perspective will change.
Everything I do should be for the children. For the centre. And ultimately for He who created us.
That will be my prayer, daily. That I will worship God in everything I do.
So, I haven’t written on this blog in so long. Probably because I now have Tumblr. And I’ve been Facebooking a whole lot more, as well. A lot, and I mean a lot, has happened since I typed anything on this particular blog site, and I have to say it would take forever for me to list everything, but maybe I could start with the highlights? So, here goes:
- Paul and I have been together for 19 months and our relationship is progressing, no matter what my parents think.
- Riverview is about to release their first worship album since ‘And Sing’. A studio offering called “Beginnings” and I am super stoked to hear the heart for God in these songs
- I saw Simple Plan live in June of this year, and I met them.
- I’ve been at my job for almost fourteen months now and there have been a lot of staff changes and a lot of emotional upheaval. Though it is exciting, watching the children growing and learning every day.
- I’ve turned 27.
- I had sinus surgery.
- I’ve made headway on my Cert III
- I’m considering early learning childhood education in the long term
- I went to my ten year school anniversary.
- And…I’ve endured the emotional rollercoaster which is the AFL season.
Speaking of which, I’m still stoked that Travis Cloke is staying a Magpie. And I’m excited for 2013.
Anyway, I’m really not sure what else to write, so I’ll sign off for now. I have to go feed my friend’s dog and cats as she’s away on a mini holiday.