Day 29 – Surprise
I’m going to list the top ten surprising things/surprises that happened in my life. (In no particular order)
1. Surprise birthday party for my 17th
2. Surprise birthday party for my 22nd
3. Being invited as a plus one to meet Simple Plan after the Perth gig
4. Being accused of doing something wrong at work in 2014
5. Falling in love in just under a month..
6. Finding out that people actually pay attention to me and think I’m cool.
7. The fact that I actually like wearing dresses
8. Mark’s proposal at karaoke 😀 (surprising but just right)
9. The fact that I want children so badly
10. Figuring out a top ten is hard!
Day 28 – Young
When I was young I wanted to be a vet, an animal doctor. It was something I really truely wanted for as long as I can remember.
I loved animals, I would talk about them all the time. I would read every book I could get my hands on about the animal kingdom and then tell anyone who was willing to listen. I think I was the annoying kid who wouldn’t shut up about something she thought she was an expert on. I could tell you random facts that you didn’t really care about. I cared, though.
I still love animals today, and I think that’s one of the reasons why I gave up on the idea of becoming a vet. I don’t think I could handle the not so pleasant side of the profession. I was enough of a mess after Mischka and Roxie were put down… And I fall in love too easily with animals.
I think my favourite animal changes depending on my mood. But, from when I was young cats, dogs and horses were always top of the list. Followed closely by big cats.
Young animals are cute, by the way. So, very cute, and it’s interesting how we respond to the adorability of baby animals. The big eyes, the little cries. The fluffy fur/feathers. Everything that seems to tug at the “motherly” instincts even in us humans.
Another thought on being young, it’s a choice. I choose to feel young. I choose to not allow my age to dictate how I think and feel about my life. As the saying goes, “you’re as young as you feel.”