The following vignette is something I wrote in my journal to help me process some thoughts that were going through my mind. I find it helpful to write like I’m having a conversation with one of my characters when I’m trying to think things through.
Daniel is Daniel McTavish an Irish Mafia hitman who repented of his sins, gave up the Mafia life and is now a youth pastor.
This is not a story per se, so I thought it better to share in my blog.
The song lyrics is a hymn called Trust and Obey written originally by John H Sammis. Continue reading “The First of March”
This morning, I sat down and listened to this album that was released at the beginning of the year. This wasn’t my first listen through; however, I wanted to write down what thoughts I had for each track as I listened, and then share them here on my blog. I wrote my thoughts out in my journal and so some of these thoughts are disjointed and are stream of thought. This is not a formal review, just a collection of thoughts from my mind invoked by the music.
Here is the tracklist of Good News – Rend Collective – along with links to the songs on YouTube
- Life Is Beautiful – https://youtu.be/Yh9oH27LvNA
- I Will Be Undignified – https://youtu.be/CkFGG14JJ-c
- Rescuer (Good News) – https://youtu.be/sAg7rn7fH3Q
- Counting Every Blessing – https://youtu.be/82b0Tiy0ykk
- Nailed to the Cross – https://youtu.be/OmBXy4sLqjM
- Hymn of the Ages – https://youtu.be/OmBXy4sLqjM
- True North – https://youtu.be/G7HTchrZnZA
- Resurrection Day – https://youtu.be/tc7OcNceuVw
- No Outsiders – https://youtu.be/vDwKPUumIHo
- Weep With Me – https://youtu.be/GAGqvq4N_zQ
- Weep With Me (Reprise) – https://youtu.be/KC8nim-g6ec
- Marching On (feat. Hillsong Young & Free) – https://youtu.be/nsTHv-atxDc
- Yahweh – https://youtu.be/qd7R1H79Vok
- Counting Every Blessing (Ukulele Session) – https://youtu.be/9QFeJ0h288o
- Christ Lives in Me – https://youtu.be/UYCJ-UdpJNY
And now for my thoughts
Continue reading “Rend Collective – Good News (Album)”
The title is self explanatory; however, I’ve never really sat down and looked at what my all time favourite albums are. I think this is due to the fact that what I deem a favourite is quite fluid. My mood often dictates what I enjoy at any given time. But, I think I can definitely narrow it down now. At least for this season of my life.
The criteria I used to narrow down this list, include:
- Enjoying/Appreciating every track on the album – not wanting to skip any.
- Amount of time I’ve listened to the album (Though this is not prescriptive, as some I’ve only listened through a couple of times, but they just have a certain something about them; or they’re a relatively new album that I’ve only started listening to.)
- The artist/band/group
So, without further ado. My Top 20 albums, ever. (The top 10 is in order, the rest not in any particular order.)
- Still Not Getting Any – Simple Plan
- Diamonds – Hawk Nelson
- Good News – Rend Collective
- The Greatest Showman – Original Soundtrack
- Pictures Not Taken – Paul Morrison
- Divide – Ed Sheeran
- This is Not a Test – TobyMac
- The Promise – Plus One
- Greetings From California – The Madden Brothers
- Avenged Sevenfold – Avenged Sevenfold
- Storm Front – Billy Joel
- No Other Name – Hillsong Worship
- Taking One For the Team – Simple Plan
- Hail to the King – Avenged Sevenfold
- Highlights of the Phantom of the Opera – Andrew Lloyd Webber
- The Best of Human Nature – Human Nature
- Let’s Talk About Love – Celine Dion
- Get Your Heart On! – Simple Plan
- Get Your Heart On! The Second Coming – Simple Plan
- Simple Plan, Live in Anaheim – Simple Plan
And, there you go. My Top 20 albums. Oh, and anyone who knows me will not be surprised by the fact that Simple Plan features four times. Haha. They are my all time favourite band.
Best of 2017
NB: Any music/TV shows/films mentioned here may have been released in prior years, but this is based on whether I newly discovered them this year, or they have had a big impact on me this year.
What a year it has been. And tricky to narrow down my #2017bestnine in pictures. There were so many moments that I could’ve shared, but here are some of the more memorable ones.
1. Christmas Day with family
2. Australia Day with the bestie
3. Human Nature Jukebox Tour
4. Worship and fellowship at QBC
5. TCS WA chapter reunion
6. Wedding anniversary trip to the Zoo
7. Starting a Bible course
8. My wonderful team at work in the toddler room
9. Karaoke with the hubby. Any moment with the hubby to be honest.
Sometimes plans don’t go the way we want them to. Sometimes a whole year doesn’t go the way you expect it to. 2017 was that year for us, for my husband and I. We had such hopes, a transplant for him, possibly add to the family… However, 2017 had other ideas for us. Continue reading “Best laid plans…”
- God – Psalm 107:1 Give thanks to the Lord for He is good and His love endures forever.
- My husband – no matter the trials we’ve been through, I am grateful to God for Him.
- My family – I am so blessed to have been adopted. That’s all I need to say.
- My friends – I can count them on two hands…love them all.
- My Church family – the beautiful people at the individual Churches I have been a part of…
- My team at work – I am thankful to God for placing me in a work environment that makes my home life easier to navigate.
- Music – without music in my life…it would be a dull life.
- A roof over my head
- Books – a good book is great medicine
- Nature – There is something calming about being out amongst natural life.
What are some things you are grateful for?
AND SOME THOUGHTS ON EACH BOOK
These are the books that I read this year. I challenged myself at the beginning of the year to read 12 books. Looks like I surpassed that challenge and some.
Continue reading “Books I Read This Year”
We are in the final quarter of 2017. On the home-stretch, nearing the finishing line, and all those other cliched phrases to describe events coming to an end. I haven’t shared my thoughts on here for some time, so thought I would come to you with ten thoughts that are percolating in my mind.
Hello to my readers out there. I know I have neglected posting anything for a little while. Life is full at the moment. Not so much with tangible stuff; however, personally, emotionally and medically a lot is going on. So, to fill you in with all the to-and-fro of the past month or so, here is a list of the more important moments, and thoughts that I’ve had.
Continue reading “Life at the moment…a list.”