Best of 2017
NB: Any music/TV shows/films mentioned here may have been released in prior years, but this is based on whether I newly discovered them this year, or they have had a big impact on me this year.
What a year it has been. And tricky to narrow down my #2017bestnine in pictures. There were so many moments that I could’ve shared, but here are some of the more memorable ones.
1. Christmas Day with family
2. Australia Day with the bestie
3. Human Nature Jukebox Tour
4. Worship and fellowship at QBC
5. TCS WA chapter reunion
6. Wedding anniversary trip to the Zoo
7. Starting a Bible course
8. My wonderful team at work in the toddler room
9. Karaoke with the hubby. Any moment with the hubby to be honest.
Sometimes plans don’t go the way we want them to. Sometimes a whole year doesn’t go the way you expect it to. 2017 was that year for us, for my husband and I. We had such hopes, a transplant for him, possibly add to the family… However, 2017 had other ideas for us. Continue reading “Best laid plans…”
- God – Psalm 107:1 Give thanks to the Lord for He is good and His love endures forever.
- My husband – no matter the trials we’ve been through, I am grateful to God for Him.
- My family – I am so blessed to have been adopted. That’s all I need to say.
- My friends – I can count them on two hands…love them all.
- My Church family – the beautiful people at the individual Churches I have been a part of…
- My team at work – I am thankful to God for placing me in a work environment that makes my home life easier to navigate.
- Music – without music in my life…it would be a dull life.
- A roof over my head
- Books – a good book is great medicine
- Nature – There is something calming about being out amongst natural life.
What are some things you are grateful for?
We are in the final quarter of 2017. On the home-stretch, nearing the finishing line, and all those other cliched phrases to describe events coming to an end. I haven’t shared my thoughts on here for some time, so thought I would come to you with ten thoughts that are percolating in my mind.