This is the time of year where I look back to the year that was and reflect on what has happened throughout. This year, though I think I have one main point I want to make, and it is this:
God is good. And He is always with me.
After Mark passed away last year, after he went home to the Lord, I wasn’t sure how 2019 would turn out. I knew this year would be one where I started to come to terms with the fact that I was alone once more. And that was a scary proposition. Yes, I have my family and my close friends, but my husband, the man I was hoping to spend the rest of my life with? Had changed addresses.
That was a hard fact to come to terms with, and even now I struggle with it. But, over this year I’ve come to realise that I’m not alone. Because I have God. And He is working all things to His purposes.
Out of sorrow comes joy and many joyful moments have punctuated my year. The biggest being the fact of becoming a homeowner. I have my own apartment which within the space of a few months already feels like home. That could only be through God’s providence.
I got to go to some great concerts with friends (for King & Country – even got to meet Joel and Luke, Guy Sebastian, Hugh Jackman). Also many great movies as well. Went to Melbourne to visit family and friends and spent time with friends and family when they visited us in Perth.
Sure, I’ve had some not so great moments, my emergency eye surgery being the biggest thing on the flipside. But, in some ways a blessing in disguise as it strengthened some of my relationships and made me not take my sight for granted.
My work life was a constant that was much needed in this season. There were changes at work that I won’t elaborate on in this post but, essentially they were all mostly good changes and I am looking forward to 2020 at my centre. I am also planning on furthering my studies in Early Childhood Education in 2021. (I can’t believe I just typed 2021…)
On that…2022 will be twenty years since I graduated from senior school. What? I’m getting older. But here’s the thing, in my mind, sometimes I don’t feel older. Especially when my favourite band releases new music.
Where I Belong (feat. We The Kings) – Simple Plan & State Champs
This song is officially my song of 2019. The song was released on my birthday and the music video was released on Christmas Eve (AWST). It is such an upbeat song and speaks to how I feel about music.
Good Grace – Hillsong UNITED
Good Grace is one of my worship anthems of 2019 along with Raise a Hallelujah and Living Hope.
Top 50 songs of 2019 (plus bonus tracks)
Top 25 Secular songs of 2019
- Where I Belong (feat. We The Kings) – Simple Plan & State Champs
- Chances – Backstreet Boys
- The Fun In Life (feat. Pierre Bouvier & Scotty Sire) – Elton Castee
- The Living Years (2019 Version) – Mike + The Mechanics
- I Don’t Care – Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber
- Heavy Lies the Head – Vanessa Amorosi
- Choir – Guy Sebastian
- Don’t Leave Me Now – Daniel Shaw
- Spirit – Beyoncé
- Someone You Loved – Lewis Capaldi
- Thrills – Lee Harding
- Alleys (feat. Pierre Bouvier) – Domeno
- Far From Home Suite Home – Michael Giacchino
- Someone You Loved (The Voice 2019) – Daniel Shaw
- Never Too Late – Elton John
- House of the Rising Sun – Jeremy Renner
- Head Above Water (feat. Travis Clark) – Avril Lavigne
- The Man to Hold the Water – Rob Thomas
- Champions – James Blunt
- Beautiful People (feat. Khalid) – Ed Sheeran
- Let Me Drink (feat. The HamilTones & Wale)
- Into the Unknown – Panic! At The Disco
- Show Yourself – Idina Menzel & Evan Rachel Wood
- You’re the Voice – Mitch Tambo
- Long Live the Summer – Shannon Noll
- BONUS: Beautiful People (Acoustic) – Ed Sheeran
- Avengers/Portals – The Piano Guys
Top 25 Inspirational songs of 2019
- Good Grace (Live) – Hillsong UNITED
- Raise a Hallelujah (Live) – Bethel Music
- Hindsight (Live) – Hillsong Young & Free
- Reason – Unspoken
- Yet Not I but Through Christ In Me – CityAlight
- Living Hope – Phil Wickham
- See The Light – TobyMac
- joy. – for KING & COUNTRY
- In the Hands of the Potter – Casting Crowns
- King of Kings (Live) – Hillsong Worship
- Tremble – Mosaic MSC
- Jericho Song – Rend Co. Kids & Rend Collective
- Your Love Changes Everything – Big Daddy Weave
- Revival Anthem – Rend Collective
- Your Word – Aaron Shust
- None Like You (feat. Beckah Shae) – Aaron Shust
- More Than Welcome – Aaron Shust
- . Savior of the World – Aaron Shust
- This I Know – Aaron Shust
- Zion – Aaron Shust
- Rest – Aaron Shust
- Jesus, Strong and Kind (feat. Colin Buchanan) – CityAlight
- God So Loved (Live) – We The Kingdom
- Sing Wherever I Go (Live) – We The Kingdom
- See A Victory
- BONUS: Way Maker (Live) – Leeland
I usually share my top moments of the year in this post, but this has already become so long that I will have to share that in another post.
Anyway, I hope you all have a safe New Years Eve and see you all in 2020!