Pierre stood in the elevator, heading up to his room. Chuck and Patrick were with him. The three men weren’t looking at each other; Chuck was on his phone, checking the schedule for the next day; Patrick was leaning against the wall. But, it didn’t take long for someone to decide something needed to be said about the disaster which was the crew and band dinner.
Continue reading ““Why does it matter?” (Bed Hair – Twelve)”
Best of 2017
NB: Any music/TV shows/films mentioned here may have been released in prior years, but this is based on whether I newly discovered them this year, or they have had a big impact on me this year.
What a year it has been. And tricky to narrow down my #2017bestnine in pictures. There were so many moments that I could’ve shared, but here are some of the more memorable ones.
1. Christmas Day with family
2. Australia Day with the bestie
3. Human Nature Jukebox Tour
4. Worship and fellowship at QBC
5. TCS WA chapter reunion
6. Wedding anniversary trip to the Zoo
7. Starting a Bible course
8. My wonderful team at work in the toddler room
9. Karaoke with the hubby. Any moment with the hubby to be honest.
Sometimes plans don’t go the way we want them to. Sometimes a whole year doesn’t go the way you expect it to. 2017 was that year for us, for my husband and I. We had such hopes, a transplant for him, possibly add to the family… However, 2017 had other ideas for us. Continue reading “Best laid plans…”
- God – Psalm 107:1 Give thanks to the Lord for He is good and His love endures forever.
- My husband – no matter the trials we’ve been through, I am grateful to God for Him.
- My family – I am so blessed to have been adopted. That’s all I need to say.
- My friends – I can count them on two hands…love them all.
- My Church family – the beautiful people at the individual Churches I have been a part of…
- My team at work – I am thankful to God for placing me in a work environment that makes my home life easier to navigate.
- Music – without music in my life…it would be a dull life.
- A roof over my head
- Books – a good book is great medicine
- Nature – There is something calming about being out amongst natural life.
What are some things you are grateful for?
AND SOME THOUGHTS ON EACH BOOK
These are the books that I read this year. I challenged myself at the beginning of the year to read 12 books. Looks like I surpassed that challenge and some.
Continue reading “Books I Read This Year”
We are in the final quarter of 2017. On the home-stretch, nearing the finishing line, and all those other cliched phrases to describe events coming to an end. I haven’t shared my thoughts on here for some time, so thought I would come to you with ten thoughts that are percolating in my mind.
Pierre is really, really good at fooling the public that he’s happy. That everything is fine in his life and he’s content and enjoying the moments with the band. But, tonight…everyone, and I mean everyone, got to see the real face of Pierre Charles Bouvier.
Continue reading ““We should be.” (Bed Hair – Eleven)”
School holidays. Something safe to write about. As a relief teacher holidays are my time to refresh myself. To take a breather. I guess it helps me to recalibrate. These holidays are going to be quite a bit different and will encroach into term time, so, I won’t be available to relieve any classes. I’m still not sure how I feel about it all. It seems so sudden… Simple Plan, here, in Perth. Fools Rush In, supporting them on their national tour. I still can’t get my head around it.
Pierre. I don’t have words.
The others, it’s great to see them…
What am I going to tell Bianca and Mark and the rest of the guys? How do you tell them about a past that is hard for me to even think about?
~~~~~~~~~~ Continue reading ““Three sizes too big.” (Bed Hair – Ten)”
Pierre stood quite still not sure what he was seeing. He knew what he was looking at. Whom he was seeing. But, he didn’t know if he wanted to believe it.
Chuck looked over at him, mouthing, “You okay, Pierre?”
Shaking his head, Pierre took a step back and turned to leave. Continue reading “Bed Hair – Nine”